Friday, February 15, 2008

NAACP Awards Pics


















This year I watched the entire awards ceremony of NAACP, and I loved it. My chuckle for the night had to be the "Queen of Soul" Ms. Aretha. She had a tribute in which Tyler Perry used repeatly during his tribute speech. If I am not mistakened I think those jabs were at Bey.......Well to defend my Girl Beyonce. I don't think she meant it in a way of saying "Queen of Soul" We all know (heavy D) (biggums) Aretha has that title as she should. Beyonce introduced Tina as a Queen THAT'S IT! People! she didn't say Queen of Soul, Queen of Rock, Queen of R&B... she just said Queen.. Tina's a legend and in her own right is a Queen and deservant to be called a Queen.... I believe a person who got knocked out as much and as hard as she did by the late coke smoker Ike, and still be able to get back up and sell more than she did with him, is well deserved to have the title Queen..... But other than my chuckle from that. There was a tribute to Stevie Wonder which was awesome... sadly to say Wayne Brady did a great job. He was funny(shocker) entertaining, and didn't seem for that split moment like a Uncle Tom...I'm shocked! But overall the entire Awards show was memorable.



No comments: